MR. JAMES E. CARTER is a former navy submarine officer and civilian executive with degrees in engineering, business and law. He combines his broad education with over forty years of hands-on executive management and consulting experience to support a variety of business situations, emphasizing electric power production (nuclear, fossil, etc.), power plant engineering and construction, new business startup and a broad range of transactional and operational matters in the energy industry. He advises clients on strategic and business planning and execution, cost reduction, project and risk management programs, contract development, contract administration, operational due diligence, business startup and other matters.
Jim has been a Vice President of several Architect Engineering companies, focusing on electric generation and infrastructure projects. He has played a significant role in the engineering, construction and commissioning of several nuclear power plants and continues to focus on nuclear energy issues. In addition, Jim is a frequent speaker at nuclear power conferences.
Jim serves on several corporate boards including Pathway Lending, Inc., a Tennessee financial institution with a portfolio of funds allocated to energy efficiency projects. Most recently, he served on the NuScale Power board of directors. NuScale is developing a Small Modular Reactor.
- Senior Consultant: Link Resources, Inc. 2005 - present
- President: James E Carter Associates, LLC 1997 - present
- President MK Nuclear Energy, LLC 2010 - 2011
- Director Navigant Consulting, Inc. 1999 - 2010
- Vice President Parsons Corporation 1995 - 1997
- Vice President Gilbert Commonwealth, Inc. 1990 - 1995.
- Various Management & Leadership Positions Stone & Webster Corp. 1997 – 1990
- Startup Manager LPL Technical Services, Inc. 1973 - 1997
- Officer U.S. Nuclear Navy Submarine Service 1969-1973
- Juris Doctor: Delaware Law School
- MS in Business Management: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- BS in Mechanical Engineering: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Office (770) 919-7070
Fax (770) 919-9200