MR. JIM JAQUESS - SENIOR CONSULTANT NUCLEAR is an executive with 39 years of experience in power generation, project & business development, marketing, corporate acquisitions, project management, regulatory compliance, and construction. Proven ability to develop long term consultative relationships with clients. Skilled in contract drafting and negotiations. Admitted to the Georgia Bar (1987) and elected Fellow of the American Society for Quality.
- EXPONENT FAILURE ANALYSIS ASSOCIATES, Atlanta, GA 4/11-12/12
- Senior Manager, Engineering Management Consulting
- Responsible for establishment of client relationships and the conduct of consulting services to the electric power industry, including nuclear & fossil generation, transmission & distribution. In addition, provided consulting services to the oil & gas industry, including pipeline operators and gas utilities.
- ELECTRIC POWER RESEARCH INSTITUTE, Atlanta, GA/ Santa Rosa Beach, FL 1/03-12/10
- Regional Manager/Generation Account Executive, Eastern USA, Technical Advisory Services
- Responsible for establishment of consultative relationships at all levels within client organizations, proactively identifying solutions of benefit to all clients. Extensive knowledge of research efforts across all sectors, including fossil, nuclear, renewables, environmental and power delivery. Directed sales process from client needs assessment through close of sale and coordination of internal cross functional support.
- MIRANT/SOUTHERN COMPANY, Atlanta, Georgia 02/99-4/02
- $31 Billion independent power producer, formerly Southern Energy, Inc., a subsidiary of the Southern Company.
- Director, Project Development, Caribbean Region- Managed acquisitions and greenfield power project development for Caribbean region.
- Jamaica Public Service Co., Jamaica: Directed acquisition of vertically integrated utility with 670Mw of generating capacity and 1,800 employees.
- EcoElectrica, Penuelas, Puerto Rico: Directed acquisition of 507Mw plant with LNG terminal, 1M barrel LNG storage tank, 2M-gallon/day water desalinization plant and 20 year power purchase agreement with investment grade utility.
- Nueva Potencia, Mayaguez, Puerto Rico: 400Mw ($450M) greenfield project included long term power purchase agreement with PREPA.
- Manager, Consulting Services- Europe: Managed consulting service activities in Europe, including business development, sales, project management, and strategic planning.
- LOCKWOOD GREENE ENGINEERS, Atlanta, Georgia 8/95-2/99
- $500M Engineering/Construction Company: Business Development Manager, Global Client Development: Directed development of manufacturing projects with annual revenues in excess of $12 million.
- WAIS & ASSOCIATES, INC., Atlanta, Georgia 2/93-8/95
- Consulting company providing services to the power industry and the Department of Energy.
- Director, Business Development: Managed all business development activities; served as project manager on selected consulting projects with direct reporting relationship to the President.
- ABB COMBUSTION ENGINEEERING/ IMPELL, Atlanta, Georgia 3/82-2/93:
- Global power generation manufacturing and services company; Impell operations involved consulting services business.
- Business Development Manager: Led business development initiatives for nuclear utility clients across Southern and Mid-Atlantic states. Developed strategic market plans and directed marketing efforts with annual sales over $25 million. Services included nuclear licensing, operations, maintenance, and configuration management.
Responsible for largest engineering services project in the company- $12 million (Virginia Power).
Increased revenues at three clients from less than $500K annually to over $3 million
Identified and capitalized on niche markets, increasing annual revenue from $8M to $25M
- Section Manager, Engineering Programs: Managed financial and technical performance of various nuclear utility projects throughout the Eastern U.S.
- BABCOCK & WILCOX COMPANY, Lynchburg, VA/Mt. Vernon, IN 6/71-3/82
- Program Manager, International Business Development, Nuclear Power Generation
Supervisor, Supplier and Site Construction Audits Quality Engineer
- Juris Doctorate Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia
- MBA- Marketing & Finance Indiana State University, Terre Haute, Indiana
- BS- Industrial Management Indiana State University, Evansville, Indiana
Office (770) 919-7070
Fax (770) 919-9200