MR. JOHN B. HOSMER - SENIOR CONSULTANT NUCLEAR has extensive executive experience with four major utilities and a large international engineering and construction firm, Bechtel. As a senior executive, Mr. Hosmer improved troubled nuclear facility performance at four utilities while building and leading engineering team performance improvement. Mr. Hosmer is recognized for performance turnaround skills, team building, project management, technical problem solving and business startup and business development skills. Mr. Hosmer has overseas, Chief Nuclear Officer, nuclear project management, company startup and military officer experience.
As President of Hosmer Consulting and Vice President of Marathon Consulting, Mr. Hosmer has focused business and technical consulting expertise in the areas of process improvement, engineering and company assessment (strategy, culture, and organization), team-building and capital project assessment. Additionally Mr. Hosmer has conducted root cause and technical problem solving training while supporting various prudency and litigation activities.
John serves on several corporate boards including NuScale’s and United Arab Emirate’s safety review board.
- President Hosmer Consulting 2008-present
- Chief Nuclear Officer and Engineering Vice President UniStar-2006-2008
- Vice President Engineering and Licensing Constellation Energy 2002-2006
- Vice President Marathon Consulting 1998-2002
- Vice President Engineering Unicom (Exelon) 1994-1998
- Director of Engineering and Fuels Florida Power and Light 1988-1994
- Engineering Manager TVA Sequoyah 1987-1988
- Chief Mechanical Engineer and various project management assignments Bechtel Power Corporation 1973-1987
- Officer U.S. Nuclear Navy Submarine Service 1969-1973
- MBA California State University Long Beach California
- MS/BS Chemical Engineering Purdue University
Registered Professional Engineer CA, IL, FL.
Office (770) 919-7070
Fax (770) 919-9200