MR.KENNETH KARR - SENIOR CONSULTANT NUCLEAR is an executive leadership coach and expert in organizational and process design. His passion is seeing management and employees engage to set goals, implement them, measure success and continuously improve. He has served clients worldwide as President of KRK Inc., Vice President of the Advance Reactor Corporation, IAEA expert, and executive coach.
Ken led industry teams in the design and implementation of efficient business processes for advanced nuclear electrical generating stations. Most nuclear fleets in the US now use these systems. They provide a solid basis for multiple stations to measure performance internally and across the industry. They form a firm foundation for organizational learning. Ken also analyzes and assists nuclear fleets in corporate strategic planning, design, analysis, rollout, implementation, and performance measurement. He has assisted a number of nuclear utilities prepare for INPO corporate evaluations.
- Senior Consultant: Link Resources, Inc. 2012 - present
- US Navy: Senior Member Atlantic Fleet Nuclear Propulsion Examining Board, Commanding Officer of nuclear submarines USS Baton Rouge and USS Norfolk (Commissioning CO), Overhaul Engineer USS Tinosa to correct design and construction flaws found in sister ship USS Thresher lost at sea.
- INPO: Director Advanced Light Water Reactor project, Deputy Director Operations Division, Senior Representative, Plant Evaluation Team Manager.
- KRK Inc.: Strategic Planning, Process Design & Analysis, Outage & Equipment Reliability analysis, IAEA expert.
- Commonwealth Edison: Director for implementing industry-best practices, processes and procedures fleet-wide that were also adopted by Exelon.
- Dominion: Strategic Plan development (when with KRK-Inc.). Director for implementing industry-best practices fleet-wide, and performance measures.
- Advanced Reactor Corporation: Vice President. Also led the Life-Cycle Standardization building block of the Industry’s Strategic Plan for Building New Nuclear Power Plants.
- BChe & MEng, James Breckenridge Speed Scientific School, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
- MNucE & MS Oceanography, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Office (770) 919-7070
Fax (770) 919-9200