MR. MELVIN E. WENTZ - SENIOR CONSULTANT RENEWABLES has over thirty five years of experience in engineering, construction, project development and financing of engineered facilities and power generation projects. He is highly experienced in marketing and sales of design, fabrication, construction, and maintenance services to the process, utility and commercial construction markets. Mr. Wentz also has extensive experience in executive management, administration, financial analysis, project financing, and asset management of cogeneration and independent power plants.
- Senior Consultant: Link Resources, Inc. 2007-present
- Wind Energy America, Inc.
- President and CEO: Wind Energy America, Inc. 2009 to 2011
- Interim CEO: Palm Renewable Energy, LLC (newly formed renewable energy development company), January 2008 to December 2008
- Owner/President Frisco Power Associates – March 2001 to Present (incorporated Frisco Power Associates to complete the closeout of TXU Development activity in the U.S. and international markets, including projects in the U.S., China, Indonesia and India. Responsible for the sale of over 600 MW of generation facilities. Also completed initial development of a 1500 MW coal fired generation facility in southern Illinois. The $1.8 to $2.0 Billion project included the development and construction of both the electricity generation plant as well as a new coal mine. The project rights were sold to a Kentucky-based coal mining company.
- Senior Consultant: Link Resources, Inc. Actively involved in the assessment of biodiesel processing technologies and development of biodiesel facilities in the U.S. and Australia.
- President of Enserch Development Corporation/ TXU Development: Enserch/Texas Utilities/TXU – February 1995 to March 2001; Responsible for business development and operations of U.S. and international power generation development activities including project development, asset management, project financing, and operations and maintenance. Post-merger with TXU, provided leadership for several programs to develop strategic business plans for U.S. and international business development and to prioritize power, gas and energy services investment and business expansion decisions for TXU.
- Senior Vice President – Project Development: Enserch, April 1996 – February 1997. Directed project development efforts in international energy markets including China, Taiwan, Indonesia, India, and Eastern Europe. Established three joint venture projects in China including 36 MW, 106 MW and 200 MW coal-fired plants. All three facilities achieved commercial operation. Served as General Manager and Chairman of the Board of Joint Venture companies. Led negotiations to develop a 750 MW coal-fired generation facility in Croatia and signed a joint development agreement to build the facility with the state-owned power agency. Gained experience working with governmental and multi-lateral agencies including Ex-Im Bank and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. Led negotiations to develop a 440-MW geothermal project in Indonesia and subsequently sold interest prior to Asian financial crisis.
- Vice President Project Development – Enserch China, February 1995 – April 1996; Directed Enserch Development’s China project development efforts. Finalized closing of a 36-MW, coal-fired facility and initiated development and signed joint venture agreements on three additional power projects.
- Senior Investment Manager, Major Industries Finance Group: Westinghouse Financial Services February 1990 to February 1995; Involved in the technical due diligence, development and financing of several IPP and cogeneration projects in the U.S. including natural gas, coal, wind and geothermal technologies. Managed a portfolio of 25 power projects including gas-fired, biomass, hydro and wind turbine generation facilities. Assisted in the structuring and sale of several of the projects as Westinghouse exited the business.
- Project Manager/Construction Manager: Turner Construction Company – August 1986 to February 1990
- Manager of Engineering and Construction Services: Shaker Mechanical Corp. – January 1985 to August 1986
- Project Manager, Nuclear Construction Division and Manager of Maintenance Projects: Schneider Incorporated – November 1977 to January 1985
- St. Vincent College - Latrobe, PA Math/Engineering - Double Major
- University of Pittsburgh BS - Civil Engineering
- University of Pittsburgh Master of Business Administration
Office (770) 919-7070
Fax (770) 919-9200