MR. RICHARD S. TURK - SENIOR CONSULTANT NUCLEAR has over 43 years of broad experience in commercial and naval nuclear power with established expertise in the areas of planning, engineering, licensing and project management for new nuclear plant projects and advanced plant design and licensing. He has extensive knowledge of planning, proposal development, technology selection, bid evaluation and project management for nuclear plant EPC projects. Rick has provided technical and licensing support for NRC Design Certification and Combined Operating License applicants in the US. He has advised the Emirates Nuclear Engineering Corporation (ENEC) and the Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation (FANR) in the United Arab Emirates in support of the technology evaluation and licensing of the Brakah nuclear project. He is a certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt developed and managed several process improvement projects supporting cost and schedule reductions for nuclear plant design and supply. He has also consulted and provided project management services for the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) related to the development of regional cooperation plans for nuclear power programs on the Arabian Peninsula.
- Senior Consultant: Link Resources, Inc. 2012 - present
- Rick Turk LLC: 2008-2014 Technical and project management consulting services to the nuclear industry including new plant licensing, NPP project evaluations and project and process improvement initiatives.
- Westinghouse Electric Company: 2000-2008 Master Black Belt for design and process improvement initiatives in direct support of initial deployment of the AP1000 through turnkey, EPC contracts; Director Nuclear Power Plants' Research and Development
- Combustion Engineering Nuclear Systems: 1977-2000 Engineering Manager Asia Projects; Engineering Manager System 80+ Development; Project Engineer, Advanced Light Water (ALWR) Projects
- United States Navy: 1971-1977 Naval Nuclear Power Submarine Officer; Division Director Naval Nuclear Power School
- M.S. in Nuclear Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1971
- B.S. in Nuclear Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1970
“Implementing a Collaborative Project Commerce (CPC) Approach for Near Term Deployment of New Nuclear Plants” Co-authored with J. Michael O’Connell, ANS Transactions, 2002 Annual Meeting
“Development of Advanced Technologies to Reduce Design, Fabrication, and Construction Costs for Future Nuclear Plants” co-authored with R. E. Bryan and J. Michael O’Connell, 12th Pacific Nuclear Basin Conference, November 2000
Office (770) 919-7070
Fax (770) 919-9200